jueves, 6 de septiembre de 2007

A new beginning!





Today I got back the results of yesterday's test and...yes! I made it into my desired class!! Intensive Japanese 300!!! The thing is, there was barely any use of the Kanji that I learned over the summer and there was a high usage of the grammar. I mean, I really needed to know some kanji to actually understand the question, but it was all useless if I didn't know the the grammar! Lucky for me, I guess i got it!! After the test results were returned, I just walked around the campus with a couple friends and relaxed!!! リラックスしましょうね (くつろぎましょうね!)I took pictures--lots of them! See above....and, as the typhoon approached, we enjoyed ourselves. The coolest part of the whole experience (たいけん) was that I made a few really good friends. I decided to stick with the three other ND students, but to the mix I added a Chad, Regina, Brittney, Dylan, and one or two others... We decided to be the self-proclaimed "cool" group and head out to morrow after our orientation ceremonies end.
   That's right! A Typhoon! Lucky for me the brunt of it will pass by without Nagoya (名古屋 or Ichinomiya (一宮)knowing anything about it. That's cool.
The only thing that I am having trouble with now is: A) Buying a phone & B) Buying my commuter pass. I am going to buy my pass on the 10th...I think...I might buy it tomorrow, I hear it's going to cost me about $160 for three months of travel. I guess it's probably worth it: It's about $10 a day(without the pass) for 20-24 days a month...that's a lot of money, it will quickly pay for itself in my case...I say, as long as the three month pass is under $600, it's totally worth it!!
The only thing that I'm getting annoyed at at this point is that my host mom keeps mentioning her previous host kid Michael and it's starting to piss me off. I've had enough of "Michael" this and "michael" that. Heck, she even showed me pictures of him. I'm starting to feel like i'm some kind of disappointment or something.
とにかく、it's late and I'm tired, I'm going to bet. 遅くて疲れていてお休みなさい!

2 comentarios:

Tomatican dijo...

Nice photos! We're glad you were able to get into the class level you wanted..your japanese will just get better and better. Miss you mucho!
much love from us all.

rbenne2 dijo...

those pictures are awesome, especially the path with the trees. the food one is pretty creative. hope you are having a good time, take it easy and soak it in :] congrats on the 300 level placement!