viernes, 14 de septiembre de 2007

Fridays

Today was the last day of our first week with school. Today I had a full day of class which basically involved one really long Japanese class (9:20Am-12:30pm) with 4 professors, and a Japanese business class with a very cynical professor from England. Today I could not go out because my family had some family over for the evening. Actually they are staying the night. We all ate together (Okonomiyake! Sushi! yum!) an we talked, played games, I showed them pictures of my house (at which they all stared at in amazement of its immensity) and then at the end of it all I ended the fun with a rightly due おつかれさま。I really like the family that I am with. We had such a fun time tonight. Japanese people have "inner" and "outer" groups so I hear. I know that as foreigner I will never really fully be in the inner group, but tonight I really felt included and a sense of belonging. I really connected with the kids and I feel like my speaking skills improved slightly. I can't forget Kento doing his little dance today, one that he used to remember three small countries in West Africa. funny. なるほど!
  It's a little late now and if I'm planning to be up by 8 or 9 then I better get to bed. By the way it is hella humid here.
From: Japan.

1 comentario:

Tomatican dijo...

Way to go with the family time, good food good company ...how much more can a person ask for...!