martes, 9 de octubre de 2007

Un dia de mi vida...

Antes de irnos de esta tierra tenemos que ver el horizon y el sol quando llegue para decir...hola mundo! Hola flor! No hay razon para irme pero cada vez voy...y no se! porque voy! Es me vida y ya no puedo cambiarla hoy. Sometimes I write random things.
Be sure not to tip the waitress in Japan. Not that I did that anywhere yet...it's just that I thought about that now. The weather is definitely cooling down here in Japan. The futon cover that was in the closet is the warmest thing that has ever blanketed me ever by the way. I must buy a futon cover when I get back to the states. They are absolutely essential for any amount of cold weather. Today I finally picked up my registered alien card at the ward office. I HAD to do that by today if I want to work a couple hours over the next few weeks to make somewhere around $50. It's not too much money but it's not too much work really. It's just going to be listening to a sensei-to-be for an hour and a half for 4 thursdays; I'm not worried....should i be????!?!?! oh...no...
I met up, this was random, with Mr. Mexico today while walking to the ward office in 一宮. I know! really random! First of all, there are dozens of cities in the Nagoya area, Ichinomiya is VERY far away from campus, and lastly there are VERY FEW foreign exchange student in 南山 let alone a minuscule amount of foreigners period in all of 一宮 so I was basically stunned. I couldn't believe i ran into him.
I got back home early (4ish) and my host fam was way surprised. We had sushi today 「手巻き寿司」 てまきずし or something like that. It was, as are ALL of Wakae-san's dishes, delicious! I played Kento in a couple games of Chinese Checkers, regular, checkers, dominoes, memory, and that box game that ya taught me dad. I beat him in checkers(both kinds), and the memory game; he beat me in everything else. It was a lot of fun. I think my Japanese was the worst today that it has been in some time.
Satsuki-chan had some friends over today and they wanted me to say hello like 100 times. Then they asked me to grab the piano book on the table...yeah...i thought they said that they wanted the book on the piano. SO I started walking over to the piano and they started laughing until i finally figured them out and brought the right book at which point her friend says 「頭がいいですね!」 which roughly translates to "oooh he's pretty smart isn't he" with sarcasm. Thank you..brat.
Also, I don't think I wrote about this yet, but yesterday at the station i was looking at brochures while waiting for my train right...and this guy, he must have been looking down at a paper or something, just COLLIDED! BAM! head first into a sliding glass door! The sound was so loud that it made a girl next to me jump. SMACK! The best part was that he tried to play it off like it was no big deal. It was hilarious! but no one laughed....until he walked away. I was so glad the people laughed tho. I was starting to believe that i was the only one that saw it happen or that the Japanese had seen EVERYTHING soo many times that this kind of occurrence was just old hat. I couldnt hold it in though, it was just to -BAM!-funny.
In other news: Train, Plane, or Ferry?
AND: Say hello to friendly old ladies who wish you a safe trip home.

I want to put captions on my pictures.

1 comentario:

rbenne2 dijo...

hahaha, i definitely would have laughed at him. yesterday when i was getting on the el i was trying to take off my duffel bag from around my head while i was walking to my seat. then the train started moving and i fell forward like 3 seats and smacked into a pole. i thought it was hilarious, but it kind of hurt and i was alone and the other 2 people on the train pretended they didn't notice. i think them keeping a straight face for that was pretty remarkable.