domingo, 7 de octubre de 2007

花火






This weekend has been a fun one to say the least. Friday as you may recall involved some opinionated sampling of various fine drinking establishments. Saturday however proved to be a much more enjoyable experience. Saturday really began sometime around 3ish when Regina came all the way over to 一宮 for the main event later that night. しかし、before going out to that, we headed over to the self-proclaimed "bread-momma's" house to enjoy a little manual labor. (odd sounding sentence) We met up with Brian who was, I feel, awkward as always, and who had only woken up about 10 minutes prior, and we 作るed some bread. We made some small dinner rolls, other spiraled pastries that were later filled with potato paste and custard (separate pastries mind you), and pizza crusts. We sat around and talked a bit while sampling some of her pumpkin pudding and freshly made apple juice--100%. All around her house she had a garden with many many plants both flowers and fruits...i suppose some veggies too, and we picked some of the figs and munched on those for a bit. As I reached for one especially ripe one in the tree it broke off and instead of landing softly splattered nearly flat into my palm! skaaaa-wish! それの後に花火に見に行ったよ!花火見っければバスに乗らなくちゃいけなくて、満員バスだったよ!みんな花火が見たかって、誰も車を使いたくないからと思う。出た時花火の所でも人々がいた。どうしようと思った!しかし、花火の所は広場だったから、大丈夫でした。It really was amazing. The kind of fireworks show that i saw was spectacular. It was timed with the music and we were REALLY close to the show! There was one part in particular that really moved me though. The act was done to an older, slower song about 日本 and, about 60% of the way through they lit up a center structure that was made up of several hundreds of smaller stationary fireworks that all lined up to form the silhouette of Mt.Fuji . 富士山。And as I watched this performance and the sky lit up...I looked around and found myself almost perfectly content. Really very happy. I saw all the family and friends that had come out to watch teh fireworks together, I saw my host family and host brother Kento and host sister Satsuki enjoying the show, and I saw Brian, and I saw Regina. And I was happiest because I saw her. Bittersweet happiness.
We went home after that and relaxed. It was a very good Saturday.

I did nothing on 日曜日 except eat WAY too much miso-soba or something like that. Did they actually think ANYWONE can eat all that? I ate that at 1:30 and I had to wait until 8pm before I had the slightest hint of hunger agian.

万歳!

No hay comentarios: