martes, 23 de octubre de 2007

Cher Cher

Ah Tuesdays, the wonderful Tuesdays. Why are they so perfect? It's the fact that class always gets out early on a Tuesday, leaving the whole day open to do whatever you want. Which meant that I went to see Starfish. The results from the oral exam that I took yesterday (funny story there) will be in by Friday or Thursday i think. Ok, but about yesterday: I show up really early right, like a quarter to nine or so, and I check the day's schedule and see that my turn comes up at 11:10am. So I have plenty of time (I wasn't too upset that I had so much time on my hands. I didn't look up the times last week and now I had the chance to study more....or to lay down on the grass and enjoy the sun.). However, for some reason between that time and my exam time I got the notion that my exam was at 11:50 instead of 11:10. So I mosie on over to the examination room around 11:40, take a look at the schedule on the board there, and freak out because I had missed my exam by a half hour! To make matters more asinine, I had drank an espresso shot to pump myself up for the test. SO I'm totally pumped and nervous now and then the prof walks out and I say, "I'm sorry! I thought my test was at 11:10!"......yeah. So he pauses then says, "It was." They ended up letting me take it after everyone had gone. Whew!
I went home after my crazy history class. I need to e-mail Kathleen Opel, shoot I keep forgetting that! Not good! Then today was Tuesday so we all left early and Regina and I went to this little cafe that she had been raving about for about 3 weeks or more, Cher Cher, and it was awesome! I had the best parfait I have ever had! It was a vanilla/coffee/caramel/almond?/cookie/minty goodness in a tall glass with a long spoon. Reckers did not compare. The shop is only open for mildly erratic times which made it very hard to get there while it was open. There is only one person that works there and she has done an amazing job decorating the place to have a real, almost American East Coast beach house/Northern minnesota, built-in-the-1890s-and-then-given-a-modern-renovation-type feel home/shop. It felt like one of those ice-cream parlor/antique malls mom and dad take all of us kids out to sometime in eastern MN. You guys know the places: the ones with the random old garden & kitchen tools hanging on the wall, chipping paint, those places. It was so homey. And she played this French song that I recognized!
Then I watched the Tiplets Belleville (strange movie that will take a second watching to really appreciate) and headed home. It was a wonderful stay is all I need say.
I made it home, ate, worked on hw, and wound down the night. It is very hard to mail a letter out from Japan because they do not sell envelopes in their post-offices....yeah, weird, Japan.

Complainte de la Butte

1 comentario:

rbenne2 dijo...

Was complainte de la butte the song? because I love that song. Moulin Rouge. Rufus Wainwright. Happiness.