sábado, 13 de octubre de 2007

名古屋まつり

How do I add more pics to this thing....It only lets's me upload 5. Bleah. Anyhoo, these 5 are from the the Nagoya City Festival. The one above is of a group carving out chopsticks! Fun!
NHK is basically the main News broadcasting station of Japan and so of course they had their own float and mascot in the parade!
These are basically simplified and much cheaper versions of the golden whales that you will find on the top of Nagoya Castle. They are the symbol of Nagoya and the source of their pride.
I am not sure who the women were supposed to represent but the parade progressed as a sort of acted timeline of Japan with various wars reenacted during the progression of the ceremony. These women are most likely wearing typical clothing from one a certain distinct point in Japanese history. The performances that everyone put on were spectacular.
Now this last picture is of a group of taiko players. I just thought the drums looked awesome! I think I might post more pics.....facebook perhaps? さーなー

No hay comentarios: