domingo, 21 de octubre de 2007

Chilean food and Aquariums






チリ料理と水族館。Saturday Regina came over (after a long delay) to whip op some delicious Charquican. We were missing a few main ingredients (namely the aji Chileno) but it still turned out nicely. We even put together a little tomato/onion/olive oil salad on the side and served some Chilean wine to top it off. レヒナさんのホストファミリー一宮市に来た。Her host dad sits up so straight on the floor that it kindof freaked me out. He had better posture than Regina and that's saying a lot. The food tuned out OK overall and my host mom even offered that the Mr.牛田 take the wine with him--that was generous of her.
I worked on making some warasole (I think that's how it's spelt), a traditional Japanese indoor shoe. I feel like wearing it out to school one day though. They are made out of straw and my first one turned out quite ugly. I'll have to post a picture some time, so for now just do a search online. I had some sake with my host dad that night (The picture is of the glass you use to drink sake, a gyunomee) . It was cool. We joked around a bit. He was SO red from his little bottle of the stuff but then again he is 82 and Japanese! The Nagoya baseball team, the Dragons, won a really big game yesterday too so he was really happy about that and we watched a couple highlights before we called it a night.
Today I we went to the aquarium. By we I mean Wakae, Kento, Satsuke, & I went to the very beluga-loving aquarium at 名古屋港。Now, it wasn't rip-roarin fun--no--but I had a good time with my family there and I think that they had a good time too. We saw so many fish (some which I had never seen in a zoo before), a show with jumping dolphins (you'll have to ask me for the video for that one), and a very convenient observation tower from which you could see all of the port, the Italian Village, and a small flea market which we didn't end up going to because we wanted to head over to Osu to see the festival. Either way it was wonderful (Kento poked this strange-looking whale model in the eye a couple times), but I became so SO tired out that I ended up really sleeping on the subway ride back to 金山。金山からオスへ行ってまつりを見た。て埋まらなかったと思った。I mean, it had some strange shows (not including the taiko show which has not ever let me down) but overall it wasn't too much different that Osu on a non-festival day: shops and people everywhere. I was soooo tired by the end of it all. I napped when I got home, finished the shoes later, and then indulged in the best sushi of my life as made by master-chef Wakae. The meal was easity worth in the $30-40 range and made up of salmon, tuna, shrimp, eel, octopus, caviar, and a few others that I could, and still cannot not name.

so all's well that ends with sushi.

1 comentario:

Tomatican dijo...

mmmm...sounds yummy...both the charquican and the amazing sushi!