sábado, 1 de diciembre de 2007

The end of a tough week, beginning of another....






Believe it or not, the week is over. Ugh, it was not cool at all. On Monday I registered for classes. In the end that went EXTREMELY well: I was able to register for all of the classes I wanted at all the times that I had wanted! This means that I will have basically 3 days of classes a week: MWF. Tuesday and Thursday are my off days with only Glee Club in the afternoon (an exception is one half-a-semester class that I have, but that all changes come march). I'm excited for next semester because of the courses that I was able to sign up for. Most of them are geared towards my major in Finance (Investment Theory, Managerial Economics, Macroeconomic Analysis, Strategic Management, and Intro to Process Analysis) which is wonderful because I'll actually begin getting deeper and deeper into my subject of study, specialization is key nowadays. Then I have philosophy course to satisfy my second requirement: Philosophy of Religion, which should be awesome. After that all I need is to pass my entrance exam into 3rd year Japanese and that should fit snugly in my schedule, yum.
Then Thursday I had a presentation in my culture class on fish, the origins of their Kanji, and the way fish has affected Japanese culture. There was a good amount of BS in there...not going to lie. But it was really entertaining (we played Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture in the background) , but kinda goofy. The professor was laughing so hard though. We all thought that she would fall off of her chair she was leaning over so low!
Then Friday brought the final hurdle, and I think my greatest finish to a week (as far as academics go). I turned in my finished Business exam (20% of my grade) with 95% certainty in a perfect score, woot! After turning it in I started up my presentation on Japanese/Chilean business relationships. Now, even though I do not know my grade on that presentation yet, I feel that I rocked it. First of all, I had some of the audience interested, which is actually incredible considering my topic. I mean, who would be interested in Chilean/Japanese business relationships besides myself? Honestly I expected to have a snoozing class. Second, I ended perfectly at the 15 minute mark! Just one semi-rehearsal and I nailed it!
Today my host parents took me out to see a leaves changing color and then to a temple. The pictures are all from today. The festival was the , 黄葉まつり, vendors sold all of the seeds from the trees that were golden. Host mom bought me a pack to bring home. They're not all that tasty but they are very Japanese. Then I took the pictures and we headed out to 善光寺「ぜんこうじ」 where I saw the 御地蔵さん (おじぞうさん) or those little rock peeps and heaven. Oh, I forgot to mention that? Yeah, I saw heaven there, I guess you all missed out! sorry. Then the Nishizawa's bought me a little ダルマ as a memory. These are little guys with no pupils yet right, and then you make a wish on the new year and color in their left eye. Whenever your wish comes true, that's when you color in the right eye! I look forward to it. Now I'm home again and dinner is going to be late. I should probably get started on my paper due on Thursday.

I watched some of the Colbert Report today.

1 comentario:

rbenne2 dijo...

Those are beautiful pictures...I love fall. If I didn't think Japan was beautiful before, or if I had no idea what it looked like (which I didn't) I would definitely get the very best impressions from your photos.