sábado, 15 de diciembre de 2007

今夜




So I left at 4:20~ish today to go to Kanayama to hear the bands play (that's what the pictures are of: same band, different members). I know that I am one to be late to almost everything and I'll call my choir director Mr.Voss (who would purposely tell me call times were 5 minutes ahead of what they really were just to get me to show up on time),to vouch for me, but today things got really out of hand. I left at about 4:25 (5 minutes after I had intended to leave, not surprising, and headed to the station. Now at the station something unprecedented happened: the train was late! The train was a full, not 10, but 15 分 late! I had expected to meet someone around 5:00 but with the whole train thing...I didn't show up until about 5:25. WHAT A MESS! The band was cool but the night was 寒い and I was all alone. I had invited others to come but no one wanted to. Kanayama is by far the coolest place to be I think. It has a lot of really hip places, a nice little mall, and bands are playing there all the time. I mean, granted they are amateur local bands but still, that makes it all that easier to have a one-on-one chat with the artists! So I listened to that until 6, dallied around until 6:15 and then hopped on the subway to go to Nagoya...and that's when trouble stuck again. There is a movie theater in Nagoya and that is where I was going to go watch a movie with some other buds tonight. Nagoya is really big though so I had asked before hand where the theater was and I was told that it was in the building to the right when looking at the station...yeah it wasn't. Turns out it was on the opposite side of the street and the other side of the station. So...in other words it was in the building to the right, when looking AWAY from the 駅. Nice. Luckily the group that I was going to meet up with was there waiting for me (somewhat impatiently) at 6:50 and yelled out to me. Fortunately I was wearing clothing that would make me easily identifiable in a crowd.
The movie was cool: Will Smith beating up zombies, not bad. It was strange though because the new dude friend, Ryo, actually got sick to the stomach while watching the movie because he thought it was too intense. I thought I was squeamish! This guy actually threw up because of some blood on screen...and it wasn't even that bad. Natsumi, Rodney, and I all thought it was intense but not that bad really.
Oh I totally forgot! I tried using that Tide-to-Go stuff on my sleeve today and it totally stunk up my clothing! I mean it smelled like barf. Someone had basically thrown up on my sleeve but had bizarrely cleaned my clothes instead of soiling them. Bleah! I am never using that again! So that left me really self-conscious of my smell all night. After the movie we went to a place called the Hub but it was REALLY crowded so we headed out and made our way to a different bar. We didn't stay long though and the crowd was really lame. Seriously, no one was throwing me a bone. I was trying to talk talk talk about any subject to see if someone would take it and run with it but no one did. No one showed any 興味 in being there let alone talking. I mean, I even resorted to telling them stories about how I went to Europe. I feel weird talking about it to other people because it makes me feel like I am bragging, そしてそれが大きらいなんだ. So I talked a bit about Ireland (there was a glimpse of interest there as I mentioned 遅 and it's relation to Ireland), the Czech Republic, and Germany. There was also a tiny bit of amusement at the Bier Garten but no real comments or any related stories.
In the end Rodney had to leave a little early( he was so lame tonight) and once Natsumi started yawning I decided that it was time for her, me , and Ryo to go too. It was about 10:30 or so. I headed out to Kanayama again as I usually do anyway. I listened to this girl that I had gotten to know last week. ギターを弾いた. A few of her friends were there and we all listened. I had brought my top and some cookies so I threw the top and shared some cookies. Almost unanimously, my favorite part of Japan so far has been my 金山夜. Listening to the local nobody trying their best to stand out a little bit. I guess that in a country that is so focused on being a group, Kanayama station is a strange individualistic outlet. It is a chance for new acquaintances, fun stories, and songs in Japanese. Of course, just being a 外人 draws its stares!
I also decided that I pay way too much attention to girls. I am so driven by getting to know one just for the chance that I forget to enjoy that more important, fleeting, experience around me. Maybe it's not something that I should be blaming myself for...
Lastly, I still want this cool pair of shoes really badly but they are crazy 高い.

I might go to mass tomorrow.

No hay comentarios: