lunes, 17 de diciembre de 2007

火曜日

Tuesday. I woke up this morning nice and late, no worries. I had to get to school sometime because I am going to meet up with Keiko for lunch. Right now I`m in the World Plaza which is where I intend to stay until it closes around 6 or until Guy, Wakana, and her friend and I all decide to go to out to eat. I really want to go to Kanayama with them. With less than a week to gom my schedule has become a little packed: Today, lunch w/Keiko, study for my Culture exam tomorrow, dinner with the others, go home and study. Tomorrow, come to school and finish studying, take test, hang out with Jin. Thursday Guy has something planned and I think he intends for it to take up the entire day (not sure). However, my host family is preparing a すき焼き feast for Thursday so I cannot be out past dinner time. I heard that yaki-niku is really delicious and they kept telling me that there was no way I could return home without first having tried Suki-Yaki.
A couple things. Japanese peeps are really confused about relationships. I mean the couple kind of relationships. There is no mutual understanding of what a relationship should be. The guys are extra-shy and almost devoid of a libido. The women are all dressed up for a party (Halloween parties in some cases) and are doing almost everything they can to get a boyfriend but they don`t make too much effort with actual action to initiate some kind of action. Then again, as for me, there is this kind of awe and fear of the foreigner that they cannot get over no matter what. Therefore it is/has been especially tough for me to read what is going on in their minds when I talk to them.
There are always many other things that I want to talk about(little nuances of the Japanese culture) but I always forget them when I come to write on this blog. So while I`m at lunch...I`ll think about it again!

Lemon Water

No hay comentarios: